26.2.09

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Alice in Wonderland is coming in with full force... and I couldn't be more excited.
With the fun, whimsical, and flirtatious fashions walking the runways for Spring, who wouldn't be? Get ready, because once Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland hits theaters in 2010, we're all falling down the rabbit hole into Alice's Wonderland of phantasmagorical frills and fantastical grace.
 
I don't know exactly when my obsession started, but it was in full swing about a year ago when I had a "Very Merry UnBirthday" Party. Everyone came as different characters, and I set my table up for a giant tea party.




Later, in May, for a final project, I used the story as an inspiration for a design concept and illustrated a couple pieces for a line. Playing around with a lot of androgyny, Alice, The Mad Hatter, and Tweedledee/Tweedledum influenced my designs. The Mad Hatter piece involved a fitted black satin jacket with coat tails, a ruched cumberbun, and a top hat paired with girly puffed shorts and mary jane pumps. I don't presently have a scanner to put the final illustrations up, but hopefully in the near future I can post them.

Really though, what brought me to write this post was some photographs I came across by Lorenzo Agius. Brilliant styling and compositions, I posted a few of my favorites. I especially love the Mad Hatter in a sea of White Rabbits.



Also, checkout Style Amor's post on the spread in Spanish magazine Ragazza. Their December issue has some more fantasy filled photos of Alicia en el Pais de la Maravillas (Spanish for Alice In Wonderland).

1 comment:

  1. oh i've seen this too. so so lovely!
    i love alice.
    and I totally have that miu miu star dress in pic 2, though I've yet to debut it. yeah i know, i'm retarded.

    link switch!?

    ReplyDelete

merci pour vos commentaires. bisous, Q.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails